What is my case worth?

There is no easy formula to determining the value of your case. Instead, the value is based on a careful analysis of the facts, legal liability, nature and extent of injuries, as well as medical expenses, lost income, loss of future earnings, pain, suffering, physical impairment and other damages. Based on our proven track record and experience, we are able to evaluate cases and provide a range of value. At The Salameh Law Group, P.A., the initial attorney case evaluation is always free and we will be glad to personally answer any questions you have regarding your case with straightforward, honest answers.

I don't have any money, will The Salameh Law Group, P.A. still help me?

Yes. Personal injury attorneys generally charge their clients on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay your attorney only if you win compensation. Your attorney is paid a percentage of the total amount recovered. If your case is accepted, you will sign a retainer or fee agreement with The Salameh Law Group, P.A., clarifying all fees and charges.

What is a contingency fee?

In a contingency fee arrangement, you pay your attorney only if you win. You do not pay any out-of-pocket money upfront. Our office agrees to accept a fixed percentage (often one-third) of the amount recovered. If you win the case, our fee comes out of the money awarded to you. If you lose, neither you nor The Salameh Law Group, P.A. will get any money, and you will not be required to pay our firm for the work done on the case. By entering into a contingency fee agreement, both you and our office expect to collect some unknown amount of money. Because many personal injury actions involve considerable and often complicated investigation and work by The Salameh Law Group, P.A. this may be less expensive than paying an hourly rate.

What can I expect after the first consultation?

If a Salameh Law Group, P.A. attorney believes your claim is insurable and one on which you can recover, we will proceed to gather information about your claim. In order to arrive at a figure for damages, we will need to determine the extent of your injuries, including pain and suffering, disability and disfigurement, the cost of medical treatment, and lost wages. The Salameh Law Group, P.A. will then provide your damages figure to the insurer of the person who injured you. If the insurer considers it a valid claim, the case is likely to be resolved and will not be tried in court.

I was in a car accident and the person who hit me didn't have any insurance. Can I still be compensated for my injuries?

Yes, especially if you have uninsured motorist coverage. That is insurance you purchase that will pay you when the at-fault driver does not have insurance or enough insurance to compensate you for your injuries.

Under Florida law, your insurance company must offer you uninsured motorist coverage. Also you must sign a document authorized by the Florida Department of Insurance if you choose to reject uninsured motorist coverage. This type of coverage typically is not expensive and protects you against uninsured drivers, which in Florida may be as high as one in four.

There is something else to consider. If your child or a member of your household is walking or riding a bike and is struck by a hit-and-run driver, your uninsured motorist coverage will compensate you for the injuries. And if you are a passenger in another person’s vehicle and there is a collision and you suffer injuries, your uninsured motorist coverage would cover treatment of your injuries if the car’s owner was underinsured or had no insurance.

This is why Attorney Mark Salameh and The Salameh Law Group, P.A. always advise our clients to purchase uninsured motorist coverage.

Who determines what doctor I go see after an auto accident?

The good thing about Personal Injury Protection, or PIP insurance is that it allows you to choose your own doctor unlike an HMO where a gatekeeper determines whether you can or cannot be directed to see a specialist for treatment. You can use your PIP insurance to find your own doctor who can help you with your injuries.

At The Salameh Law Group, P.A., we ensure our clients are getting the proper treatment for their injuries. Having helped many clients over the years, Attorney Mark Salameh and his team can assist you in selecting doctors who are well-qualified to treat your particular type of injury.

What is PIP?

Personal Injury Protection, or PIP insurance covers you (and in some cases any relative living in your household) if injured in a motor vehicle accident. Regardless of who was at fault in causing the accident, your medical bills and lost wages must be first submitted to your own insurance company. This is why PIP insurance is also known as "no-fault insurance". Regardless of fault, your own insurance company will pay a percentage of your medical bills and lost wages. Under Florida law, PIP insurance must pay 80% of your medical expenses and/or 60% of your lost wages. But that is not all that PIP covers. PIP covers a percentage of other expenses such as lawn maintenance, housekeeping necessitated by injuries caused in a motor vehicle accident, as well as mileage expenses for travel associated with medical care treatment.